The City of Buena Vista, Virginia is seeking an intern to serve in the Department of Planning & Community Development. The intern will be exposed to local government operations in a small town and will assist with important department projects.
Areas of Interest: Community Development | Planning | Housing | Government | Economics | Historic Preservation | Data Analysis | GIS | Real Estate Development
- General overview of planning & zoning and local government
- Neighborhood plans
- Data gathering, analysis, and research
- Meeting facilitation and community outreach
- Housing study data gathering, analysis, and research
- Comprehensive plan final edits
- Address verification/GIS/LUCA – Data analysis and verification
- Historical research on Bontex factory site
- Zoning policy research & development
- Other projects as they arise
Term: 5-10 hours per week during Spring 2018 semester, schedule negotiable
Compensation: Available for credit by arrangement with intern’s school, or for stipend of $750-$1000 based on work undertaken
Application Due January 1 2018: Contact Tom Roberts at email@example.com or (540) 261-8607 with following:
- Brief personal statement of why you are interested in this experience and how it will contribute to your education or career development.