The City of Buena Vista is seeking seasonal workers for both the Streets Division and Building and Grounds Division of Public Works. Candidates must have a VA Drivers license and pass City drug test. Skills needed for include handling small tools, weed eaters, trimmers, push mowers, riding mowers, shovels, rakes etc. These positions primarily report to the Streets Supervisor and will assist in trimming and mowing right-of-ways and City property and other work associated with Street upkeep. One position reports to the Building & Grounds Supervisor for cleaning Park bathrooms during afternoon, evening and weekends. For more information and application please contact Trina Mastran, Director of Public Works at email@example.com and/or 540-261-1444.
The City of Buena Vista, Virginia is seeking an intern to serve in the Department of Planning & Community Development. The intern will be exposed to local government operations and will assist with various department activities.
- Understand structure & function of local government departments
- Understand concepts of planning, zoning, and nuisance regulation
- Cultivate professional communication and organization skills
- Participate in broader community development initiatives
- Complete research and other special projects
Term: 5-8 hours per week during Fall 2018
Compensation: Available for credit by arrangement with intern’s school, or for stipend of up to $750 depending on schedule
Application: Contact Tom Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 261-8607 with following:
- Brief personal statement of why you are interested in this experience and how it will contribute to your education or career development.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until filled. Applications will be kept on file for future opportunities if desired.