The goal of code enforcement is to promote a safe, attractive community and maintain and enhance property values. It uses a variety of tools in an effort to achieve compliance. Education is just one tool that we use to work with property owners to address a violation. We will work with owners and provide a timeline to resolve the issue and to improve the quality of life in your neighborhood.
Common Environmental & Nuisance Violations
- Inoperable Vehicles – Vehicles which cannot operate on public streets
- Overgrown Grass – Weeds and tall grass
- Renting – No more than four (non-related) renters at a single family home
- Solid Waste – All property shall be free of solid waste, trash, and debris
- Unsafe or vacant structures—Vacant buildings must be secured and maintained
To read the entire code enforcement ordinance for the City of Buena Vista, click here . You may also make a code compliance complaint by filling out the code compliance complaint form in our forms and permits section of the website.